Visitors

Thursday, May 12, 2011

This frustrates me. Your thoughts?

I just got off the phone with a senior citizen who has a $4,800/mo house payment. He’s on a loan modification with a 4.75 percent interest rate.

He can't afford his payment.

He wanted me to call his mortgage lender and ask them to give him a second modification. (I told him I just couldn't make the call.) There are many people so desperate for help. I hope others realize how lucky they are.

Plenty of people can’t get ONE modification.

By the way… if you are having trouble making your payments… check out this 9NEWS.com story I put together. It has lots of inside tips and even has a downloadable packet that explains your options.

At the top of your list should be: filling out a budget and calling the Colorado Foreclosure Hotline to get set up with a free HUD-approved counselor.