Visitors

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Not sure what to title this... #theatershooting


I’m not sure what to write. The last few days have been a blur. I find myself thinking about the victims and their families.

It would be easy to write pages of thoughts. I’d like to write a bit about each victim who died to honor their lives. I didn’t know any of them personally so I will leave that to their families and friends. We’ll work hard at 9NEWS to help you get to know each of the people who were just trying to have a fun evening at the movies.

I haven’t seen the movie and plan to wait a while before I even decide whether to see it.

About 10 minutes ago, I talked to one of our producers who had a break from work yesterday and went to see it. (She had previously purchased tickets.)

Police stood by the theater employee who was taking people’s tickets, she said. Then an officer came into the theater and stood watching for about 10 minutes of the movie.

Every time someone would get up to use the bathroom she said moviegoers wouldn't take their eyes off that person.

“I have never focused so closely on emergency exits,” she told me.

Isn’t it amazing how one person can affect so many people?